Coronary artery disease, valve disorders, congenital heart defects, and many others are some of the heart conditions that can be treated by using heart surgery. It is a complicated medical process that includes various surgical treatments.
Going for heart surgery is a complex task itself; choosing the right hospital, surgeon, and medical technology are some factors that should be clear in your mind making it more byzantine.
India has grown as a center for medical treatment that gives you the best treatment methods and professionals. Also, the Heart Surgery Cost in India is not too expensive in comparison to other Western countries. There are top surgeons and cardiologists with years of experience that give their best efforts to save their patients’ lives.
What is Heart Surgery and Its Types?
Any surgery done on the heart muscle or arteries, the valves, or any other organ connected to the heart is known as heart surgery.
Heart Surgery demands a qualified and trained surgeon to perform it so it can be effective and lifesaving for the patients. Open heart surgery is becoming popular these days in which the patient is connected to the heart-lung bypass machine or bypass pump during the operation.
Different Types of Heart Surgeries
There are various types of heart surgery available in India. It totally depends on the medical conditions of the patient with which type of surgery he can undergo.
· Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery – This surgery is done to treat blocked coronary arteries. A new pathway for blood is created in the surgery to provide better blood circulation to the heart.
· Valve Replacement Surgery –A damaged or diseased heart valve is replaced with artificial or biological tissue valves after this surgery.
· Pacemaker Implantation Surgery –A pacemaker is a device that is implanted in the heart in surgery. This device helps in regulating the heartbeat.
The Average Heart Surgery Cost in India
The cost of heart surgery in India depends on factors such as the hospital, surgeon cost, post-care treatment, and many others. The cost in India is lower than the cost of the same surgery in other countries, which helps in making India the most prominent and affordable medical tourism destination in and around the world.
The average cost of coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgery in India ranges from INR 1.5 lakhs to INR 2.5 lakhs. Angiography can cost between INR 1 lakhs to INR 2 lakhs, while coronary angioplasty can cost INR 1.5 lakhs to INR 2.5 lakhs. The AICD surgery can cost from INR 6 lakhs to INR 9 lakhs, while the TAVI can cost from INR 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs.
It is up to the patient’s medical condition, anesthesia, and medication charges that will include the overall heart surgery cost in India. Overall, you can take the suggestion of your cardiac specialist to make a better plan for the surgery.
Factors Affecting the Cost of the Surgery
Many factors can affect the budget for your surgery. It is always suggested to take a suggestion from the medical professional and analyze all the factors and risks thoroughly so that you can make a budgetary plan for the surgery and make the right decision.
Here are some potential factors that affect the heart surgery cost in India which includes –
· Choice of Hospital –Private hospital has better facilities and advanced medical technology. They have all comforts in their zone, and that is why the cost of the surgery is also high in private hospitals in comparison to government hospitals.
· Fees of the Surgeons –The surgeon with more experience and skill charge more fees from their patients. Also, it is required in the surgery that you choose the perfect and skilled surgeon to get a better result.
· Charges for the Medication and Anaesthesia –The medication and anesthesia used during heart surgery are more expensive, leading to an increase in the overall cost of the surgery.
· Pre and Post-Care –It includes the diagnostic test, imaging, rehabilitation, and many other things associated with the surgery that can increase the cost of it.
Other than this, the physiotherapy cost, diagnostic tests, type of surgery you choose, and location of the hospital are also such factors that affect the cost of the surgery.
Heart Surgery Success Rate
According to the data, the rate of success for the heart surgery lies between 66 to 74%. Although this data is the overall data, the success rate depends on various factors such as making early decisions for the treatment, medical condition and background of the patients, and many more.
So, if you have any heart disease needing urgent treatment, it is the right time to take action. Your right decision will make your surgery success rate higher.
It is important to understand that significantly, the cost is less than in other nations and affordable one too. Also, it depends on various factors that can make it more affordable. Just choose your option wisely.
Other than this, make a decision early if you are suffering from any heart disease which needs to be treated with surgery. Doing a delay in surgery can also be a life-threatening decision for you and your family. Once you are clear with the hospital and surgeon, go with the treatment process and return to a healthy life.